Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Friday 12 August 2011

Review: Supernaturally

Supernaturally is the second in the Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White (you can read my review of the first one here).  I have to say I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first one, and therefore didn't read it as quickly.  Or, at least, not until two thirds of the way through when it suddenly became un-put-down-able.  Evie is the same as we remember her, but now she is realising that the real world she hankered for so much isn't quite as cracked up as she imagined (though she still loves lockers). 

All characters that we met in the first book stay true to who they are and the way they are evolving is entirely believable.  However, I found the new character, Jack, to be quite predictable throughout - one of the reasons I didn't enjoy it so much as it was a little too obvious what has happening.  Jack does put all of Evie's relationships with everyone else in a bit of peril though and I found myself turning the page to find out whether they would work out or not.

Kiersten makes all the paranormal characters her own.  This time including unicorns in the mix as well as a few other new ones.  I found her take on all these creatures highly refreshing and completely unique which means I will definitely be buying the third and final book in this series 'Endlessly' and am looking forward to what she has in store for us next.

[Disclaier: I read this book on Kindle and have not been asked or offered anything to write this review.  All opinions are entirely my own.]

No comments: