Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 25 August 2011

Goodreads

Image owned by Goodreads


Okay, I realise that once again I am late to the party, but I've just discovered Goodreads (I'm guessing you're rolling your eyes about now).  To be fair I've known about Goodreads for a while, just haven't seen the point of joining.  I had on app on facebook that does pretty much the same thing (or so I thought) and that was good enough for me.  So when said app decided to discontinue I wasn't the happiest bunny.  It did offer me the chance, however, to upload all my saved books to Goodreads so I grudgingly agreed.  Turns out I've been missing out.

In case you don't know, Goodreads is a site where readers (and authors) can share what they're reading/want to read/have read with their friends.  You can rate the books and leave reviews.  That is pretty much what my old app did.  Goodreads takes it a lot further, which is why I now realise I was missing out.  Not only can you share your books but you can vote on lists, join groups (I'm currently looking for a bookclub to join - there are not a few of them!), read interviews with authors and join in with reading challenges and goals (or set your own).  Seriously, if you don't have a goodreads account - get one. (And when you do, feel free to add me as a friend - just message me first so I know how you found me.)

And the best part?  Since I've joined Goodreads I've wanted to read more as the whole atmosphere is geared towards reading and once again I'm back into my goal of reading every book under the sun.

Anyone have any suggestions on bookclubs I might want to join?

2 comments:

Christine Murray said...

You're not alone. I joined Goodreads last year, but only started using it properly last week. It's a great site.

Kess said...

I'm not rolling my eyes. I had no idea! Thanks for sharing this! x