Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Breaks and Balance

I didn't intend to take a break this weekend.  Turns out my brain and body needed it.  I didn't do much writing.  In fact, I didn't do much of anything.  But I'm feeling ready to get back into the swing of things again now. 

I didn't intend to take a break.  To begin with I felt guilty for not reading and writing and creating as much as I usually do.  I realise now I had burnt myself out with getting overly ambitious last week.  I know I still need to find the right balance and I'm determined to keep trying until I find it.  Until then I apologize for any sudden incontinuity on this blog.  I will try to always keep you updated - I want you to know what's going on.  But sometimes, like this past weekend (and a few extra days), I just can't bring myself to open a blank document and write a post.  Like I said, I'm looking for the balance.  If you have any tips please share in the comments.

2 comments:

dominique said...

I'm reading a book by Julie Cameron called, The Right to Write. In the section that I am reading she talks about taking breaks from reading so we can refill our creative tanks. She says that often reading replaces our creative outlets and we get stuck.

She mentions, too, how hard it is for us writers to not read. But she says it is necessary so we can fill our minds and souls with other things than words.

So don't feel too bad about not reading. Maybe that was a good thing. And you are feeling up to writing again so all is good.

Hope you are feeling better and your creativity flows abundantly.

Unknown said...

I actually found that while I was feeling completely burnt out, reading (books, not blogs) was the first thing I got back to. This actually led to me getting enthusiastic and creative again. I often find that when my creativity dries up, it's because I haven't been reading enough.

I've heard of the book you mentioned many times and am thinking it's time to add it to my library list.