Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 8 December 2012

Blogmas Day 8: A Paperwork Day

Today, once again, I have spent the majority of my time resting.  However, I also managed to get quite a bit of my paperwork sorted (to do with moving and benefits and my disability, etc) which I'm quite pleased about as knowing I still hadn't done it was causing me a lot of stress and stress is very, very bad, especially if you have a chronic disability.

I still have some left to do and have made a to-do list.  I've done the old kind where I literally write everything important that I can think of on it, but I am finding this to not be as stressful as I thought it would be as I'm not putting pressure on myself to get things done at a certain time (unless there's a deadline) and I don't have to be constantly worrying if I've forgotten about something (if I have, I just add it when I remember it).  I've always been a list person, though earlier this year I was trying to do the one thing a day lists instead, I've found that I work better having everything I have to do written down and just choose one thing each day from the list that I aim to get done, at the very least, that day.  That way I get the best of both worlds and I can work on how I'm doing - if I'm having a particularly bad day I just scratch the list completely and rest instead.  Do you like to make lists or do you have your own productivity system?

And today, after one of my long rests, I got up and suddenly felt Christmassy.  I think it's late coming for me but so excited about it now (I just wish I'd been more organised, but I guess there is always next year - and I think I say that every year).  17 days til Christmas!

No comments: