Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Blogmas Day 26: Not Voiceless

Okay, so I seem to have totally failed at blogging every day this month but I am determined to continue trying at the very least.  I was going to do a post for each day with what I did and such but let's be honest, it probably wouldn't be that great to read as many of my thoughts have been lost by now.  There were, however, a couple of highlights that I want to share with you (and as it's my blog I can do whatever I like, and if you don't like it, there are plenty of other websites for you to waste your time on).

One of the things I noticed this year was just how hard it was to get something for my Christmas dinner.  I am a vegetarian (and have been now for about 13 years) and so usually have a substitute for meat for big family dinners.  A few years ago I had something wonderful; unfortunately I can't remember exactly what it was but I know it came from M & S - of course that means that every year I pay M & S a visit in the hopes that they will have something equally as great.  Needless to say, they have never come through for me since.  My parents checked Tesco and The Co-op but came back without anything suitable to go with a roast.  So on Sunday my sister took me to Sainsbury's.  There were two chilled nut roasts left, absolutely no frozen festive food left or the choice of a 'Quorn family roast' which I've had in the past and is literally a lump of protein that tastes of nothing.  So I got one of the (very expensive) nut roasts.  It was actually lovely and probably contributed to the over-eating I indulged in yesterday (I blame my brother and sister-in-law, Spud and Kess for making too much delicious food), though I still have quite a lot left as it wasn't a small portion.  Anyway, if you are vegetarian or have any special diet requirements what do you do for big meals like Christmas dinner?

Yesterday (Christmas day) was totally different from any of my previous Christmas' as my family spent the day at Spud and Kess' (it still feels strange to think that my brother has a wife!).  I took plenty of photos and can't wait to get round to editing them.  I have been getting into photography ever since their wedding.  I do not intend to ever take it up as a serious hobby, nor do I really worry that I am choosing settings rather than working out my own (still a step up from just leaving it on auto though, right?) but am just enjoying taking, editing and having plenty of photos.  If my photos weren't all in storage for the time being I would be trying to make sure everything goes into albums and I can't wait until I get the chance to sort them all (I think it's nice to have physical copies of photos as if they are on my computer they never actually get looked at).

Anyway, I seem to have gone into a totally different direction than I was planning with this post.  I was going to write all about how I have lost my voice today and just how important my voice is to me, but I realise that by writing this I have proved I clearly am not 'voiceless' and, as always, am so very appreciative of my ability to write - words are my life and will probably always be.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying Boxing Day - do you have any traditions on this day, or do you just veg out like we do?

No comments: