Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 28 April 2011

Kick Up The Butt

So I've finished my classes for uni.  And I don't have a job.  In fact, there is nothing that I HAVE to do.  My problem is that I know I SHOULD be doing things - I should be applying for jobs, finding somewhere to live and if possible, get on with my writing and my SECRET PROJECT.  Easier said than done.  I mean, I have the intent of doing all I can.  And I have all day, every day now so surely I should be galloping along at top speed with all my plans.  But I'm not.

The thing is, I've never been good at self-discipline or self-motivating.  I want to be good at it.  And in the past two years I know I've improved greatly.  But I went to uni so that I would have to do something so I would have something to hand in.  (Seriously, before uni I barely finished anything).  Now I'm back to not having anyone reminding me of what I should be doing.  Not to mention that I'm constantly worrying that if I do too much or not enough my M.E. will flare up.

But this time I'm determined.  I have learnt time management and the art of resting (okay, that last one I'm still working on) so I am filled with hope that this time I can really do it.  I CAN fulfil my dreams and plans.  But if it looks like I might be dawdling, please could you give me a good kick up the butt?  And if you have any tried and tested methods of making yourself get things done, please let me know!

No comments: