Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Friday 26 April 2013

A Mother's Love: Memories That Have Made Me


So much has happened in my life already, and a lot of those experiences have stayed with me.  They are not all monumentous, nor are they all life changing.  But every single one of them (and the countless more that are buried deep within me) have made me who I am. 
 I hope others will join in with me and post their own memories on their blogs (or in the comments).  I will be posting mine every Friday, but it doesn’t matter when you write yours or if you wish to do them fortnightly or monthly – your writing should fit with your schedule.  If you do join I ask that you link to my blog with this link: http://emptythoughtsrewritten.blogspot.co.uk (until I’ve worked out how to create a button for you to display) and that you will link your POST (not just your blog link please) in the comments each week (until I’ve worked out how to make a linky thing for you to add your links to – I’m really not very tech-savvy!).
When my Mum was pregnant with my baby brother (who is now 5), she and I went to see my sister in a class performance.  My sister was taking Theatre Studies and, from what I remember, the piece was something that had been created by the students. What I remember most is what happened afterwards. 

Most people had left, or were in the process of leaving, and my Mum and I were still seated as neither of us felt able to move before we had to.  Suddenly my sister had a panic attack.  I’ve never known the reason, and I’ve never asked – it’s not important.  All I remember is that my Mum, who had been walking with crutches due to the pregnancy, leaped over the chairs in front of us to get to her. 

This has been one of those memories that has stuck fast due to what I learned that day.  A Mother’s love is incredible and amazing.  I never really understood before the tie between a mother and child (and perhaps I’ll never truly understand as I’m not aiming to have children), but the moment it happened, I was struck with the knowledge and understanding of just how strong a Mother’s love can be.

No comments: