Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Working Together

Today I made a lilypad from a napkin in Costa. It is something I learnt a long time ago from my Grandmother.  Anyway, as it sat on the table between myself and my boyfriend we started blowing it from one end to the other.  It didn't take us long to realise that if we both blew at the same time then, sometimes, we could actually float the lilypad and hold it up in the air.  OK, not for particularly long periods but it looked like it was suspended in air and that the law of gravity didn't apply.  This only worked when we both worked together, never when one of us tried it by ourselves.

I think that many things in life follow the same rule.  We may be able to make a difference by ourselves - we each managed to move the lilypad without any help from the other; but when we work together we can create the seemingly impossible.  It is through partnership and coming together that we can change the world.  Everyone is a powerful being but imagine if the whole world stopped working against each other and started working together, imagine what could be achieved.  Sharing ideas makes a huge difference.  It creates a sense of community and motivation - when people come together they change the world.

No comments: