Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 20 June 2010

Happy Father's Day

Today I was quite surprised to see how many people have dedicated their blogs to their fathers and husbands.  I totally feel that this day should be celebrated but at school it was always Mother's Day that we had to fuss over.  We didn't make Father's Day cards as not every child had a Dad.  Well, news flash, not every child has a Mum either.  Personally I feel that both should be treated the same - parents are to be celebrated.  Children should be taught to be grateful for their parents.

Then again, I don't really have the right to say that as I was one of the lucky ones who has two very loving parents.  I love my Mum and I love my Dad - both equally.  But it is easier for me to express it to my Mum so know that sometimes my Dad gets left by the wayside.  This isn't because I don't love him as much.  More that we are both so similar in personality that it can be hard to show emotions.  I doubt my Dad will read this but if he does stumble here then I want to tell him that I love him and think he (and my Mum) is completely awesome and I couldn't have asked for a better Dad.

No comments: