Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 12 June 2010

Day 7 - Fly

It has just occurred to me that I've never shared any of my fictional writing here on my blog - I always seem to give you mini essays on my thoughts.  This certainly isn't a bad thing but I've decided that perhaps it's time to share some writing.  Please feel free to constructively critisize but remember that this isn't work that I'm planning on continuing or perfecting in any way.  While I am working on some stories to submit for publication you can understand why I don't want to share any of that on such a public forum as the internet.

All this week I have been writing short scenes or beginnings of stories based on the prompt words that have been given by Maegan in the Creativity Boot Camp (click button to your right to be taken to the course).  Today's word is 'fly'.

Shelly looked out of the window and realised with a jolt that they were moving. This was it; she couldn't escape now.  She pumped her hands a few times wishing she'd brought something to fiddle with.  She picked up the sheet slipped into the back of the seat in front of her.  She glanced at the pictures first - how to put on your seatbelt.  Shelly started reading.

It was only when her ears popped that she realised the plane was now in flight.  Technically it was still going up.  Shelly peered cautiously out of the window and almost jumped back in shock.  She knew that it would be flying high but hadn''t really understood just how small everything below would seem.  She turned over the laminated safety sheet and continued reading.  Before finishing the first paragraph she hurridly popped it back in the pouch.  She didn't want to know what to do in case of emergency.  It would probably be better to die straight out anyway.  Then again she might get stuck amongst the rubble and slowly starve to death.  Shelly hurridly picked the instruction sheet up again and began to read.

So please comment with your opinions and let me know if you'd like to see more of my work here on this blog.

No comments: