Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 17 June 2010

My Needs

As you probably know, I've been participating in the Creativity Boot Camp.  However, since this weekend I have to admit I haven't been doing any writing.  I am inspired by the quotes and the prompts but simply haven't had the energy to do it everyday (or at all).  But I've decided to not worry about it.  Maegan is keeping the site up for a month after it finishes (which is in two days) so I don't feel pressured.  I feel that this is very important.  If I tried to write now, when my mind and body are this exhausted, I can guarantee I won't be half as creative and therefore won't be feeling the full benefits from the course, if any.  I don't want that to happen.  I don't want my writing and my creativity to become a chore.  If it becomes a chore I don't want to do it and I don't enjoy it - so what would be the point.

My writing is important to me, it is part of who I am.  So, to me, that means that I should treat it with respect.  I do write when I don't want to (sometimes) but writing and pushing myself when I'm unable is not the way to go.  So I try to follow my own schedule which mainly consists of being aware of my body's needs.  What I'm trying to get across here is that pushing yourself can be good but if you push past your limits it's likely to cause more problems than it solves.  I am not prepared to put my health on the line for my writing - if I did then I would never be able to write comfortably again.  It's about knowing yourself and following your own needs, not anyone elses. 

I hope this makes sense.  As I've said, I am physically and mentally exhausted but so inspired and motivated that I had to let it out somewhere (which is exactly what I feel my blog is for).

No comments: