Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 17 February 2011

A Word On Perfection

The world we live in is one which strives for perfection (usually by telling us that we're not perfect aka not good enough).  We are supposed to look like super-models; we are supposed to make enough money to have everything but at the same time spend lots of time with family and loved ones; we are supposed to be the best we can be 100% of the time.  But, unless you're some kind of miracle, you are not perfect.  I am not perfect.  NO ONE is perfect.

I am writing this because a post by Laura Jane Williams made me stop and realise that by striving for perfection, we are screwing ourselves up.  We aren't getting anything done because we are worried that we can't get everything done perfectly.  If we were all perfect, we'd all be clones.  And what a boring world that would be.

So I am going to be the first (okay, probably not the first) to say that I don't want to be perfect. I want to be me - individual and strange and weird with my own little quirks.  And I hope you want to be you.  Because you're wonderful and different and special.  You are a perfect you.  And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

No comments: