Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Friday 20 May 2011

An M.E. Medal

Firstly, sorry about the random re-posting of Recipe For An Incredible Night yesterday - I don't know what happened there!  And now, on to the actual post.

The other day as I was catching up on my blog reading I came across this and knew I had to buy one.  Chlay is another M.E. sufferer only she is not using the little energy she has to enjoy life, but rather, to get the word out about M.E.  This is just the latest of many endeavours, the 'M.E. It's a Hard Nut to Crack' and I jumped on board.  What is it? 

It is a gold nut pendant on blue ribbon.  For those of you who don't know, yellow/gold and blue are the colours for M.E.  Chlay is selling these for only £2.50 (inc. p&p) and I urge you, if you have M.E. or know someone with M.E. to buy it.  It's not a lot of money, and the proceeds are going to M.E. charities that are doing research into this horrendous disability.

But there is another reason.  When I was wearing it the other day (I now wear it every day) I looked down and seeing the blue ribbon and gold remarked to Chris that it felt like I was wearing a medal.  He, of course, said that I should be wearing a medal for simply surviving and living when I am stuck with M.E. (I, of course, believe he should be wearing a medal as to watch someone you love suffer is surely much worse than suffering yourself?)  Since then the idea has stuck.  So I am wearing it every day to remind me that I am not alone in this fight against M.E., and that I am stronger than I ever remember.


And that is why every M.E. sufferer should have one.  Every single sufferer, whether they are 99% or 0% deserve to know that they are incredible for getting up every day (or believing and hoping that they will get up one day).  So if you know someone with M.E., or suffer from it yourself, please GO HERE to buy one (or two, or three).

P.S. there are much better photos on Chlay's blog.  The only reason you can't see my head is that I couldn't work out how to take a picture including it without the camera covering it.

No comments: