Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 26 April 2010

Rose Tinted Specs

I have sunglasses that have a slightly pinkish tinge - real rose tinted glasses if you will.  When I wear them all the colours seem brighter somehow and hair becomes magical (I have a thing for red/auburn hair) as if there is any hint of red in there, my glasses bring it to the surface.  But I have found these glasses to be a curse as much as a blessing.  OK so they're not like my boyfriend's sunglasses which just make everything grey - seriously, who wants the world to turn grey around them?

Today was the first time I noticed that they can become a curse.  It hasn't been a bad day, nor a particulaly good day.  But the constant reminder that the world was bright and shiny made me feel crabby and frustrated, because I know I'm not like that.  I don't have the perfect coloured hair (which wasn't that good a colour when looked at without the glasses), I didn't want the sky to be bright blue.  You get the gist - I was only seeing the world through my rose tinted specs and it was making me feel worse about myself because I couldn't see myself through those same specs.  I'm sure if I had taken my glasses off the world would have returned to its normal dreariness.

So seeing the world through rose-tinted glasses, while it can be useful, is not highly recommended when you are feeling any shadows of self-doubt as it will increase these negative feelings you have yourself.  See the world as it is - not everything is bright and shiny, but equally not everything is a disaster.  The world is what it is and you need to accept it as it is as well as yourself within that world.  (I am of course not referring to the way we destroy the world with pollution and litter etc when I say we need to accept it as it is.)

No comments: