Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 4 July 2009

I am awake, awake, awake!

Yes, it's half past two in the morning and I'm sitting on my laptop typing this. The reason? Espresso. I went for a meal at Pizza Express - absolutely brilliant pizza and worth every penny - and ended up having an expresso with my dessert. No, I didn't order it, it came with whatever it was I had. But who's idea was it to make it ok to have coffee after dinner? Surely having caffeine just before bed is never a good idea but I had to drink it as not only did it come with the food but I actually love coffee and rarely have the chance to have a decent expresso. So I'm not complaining about the fact that we have coffee, only the fact that it's common practice to have it after a meal. I know, I know, it's supposed to cleanse the palatte or whatever, but I stick by my previous statement - it just isn't sense to drink coffee a few hours before bedtime. And the result is clear - I am exhausted but my mind is hyper and I'm unable to sleep. Instead I'm using this time to play bejeweled on facebook and watch disney songs on youtube. At least it's a Sunday when I wake up and I won't have to get up at any reasonable hour - I'm going to exercise my right as a student to stay up in bed all day and get up just in time to watch Torchwood in the evening!

No comments: