Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 31 March 2013

Sunday Shout Out: 2 Online Things That Make Me Smile

Happy Easter, Happy Chocolate Day, Happy Springtime, and Happy Sunday.

I guess I could write about how much I love chocolate - but I'm fairly certain you already know that.  This Sunday Shout Out is including two things that I have been watching/reading a lot over the past week or so.  They both make me smile (and sometimes laugh), and I figured that everyone can do with more smiles in their life, hence the sharing.

The first is 'A Very Potter Musical'.  Now, I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one, but that doesn't really bother me as it's better late than never.  So far I've only watched the original one (there are now 3 in total, and they are quite long as they are full-length stage productions that have been videoed and uploaded to YouTube in small bites), but I'm definitely going to be watching the rest as this is one of the few online comedies that has actually made me laugh out loud, and really appreciate how creativity can produce.  Therefore, I strongly suggest you watch it, though if you're haven't read or watched Harry Potter then most of the jokes will probably be lost on you.  If you don't have the time to watch it all, my favourite clip is here.

The second is a very unusual web comic that I stumbled across via the wonders of Twitter, only a few days ago, and already I have spent a lot of time going through the posts starting at the beginning (you know it's good if you decide you want to see every single comic that's been put up).  Admittedly, Poly in Pictures may not be everyone's cup of tea, but as someone who appreciates that not all relationships are monogamous, straight, and vanilla, I love it and think it's well worth a look as it sometimes helps to see things from someone else's point of view, and that's much more fun when there's a bit of humor in there.

Are there any websites/videos/comics you visit time and again to make yourself smile?  Share the happy and leave them in the comments.

No comments: