Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 8 October 2009

Review: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

Firstly let me just tell you I went to see this film in 2-D so if you're looking for reviews of the effects - look elsewhere as I don't like 3-D films. OK, now onto the film, you probably don't need to know that it was a deserted cinema, just me and my bf with the entire screen to ourselves, but there you go - I have put it in now.

I totally enjoyed this film. It is funny with enough serious undertones for you to notice but to completely ignore if you so choose. Flint Lockwood is a young inventor set on saving his small town which is quickly losing money and colour. When his newest invention actually works he starts adventures with his best friend Steve (an awesome monkey fitted with a thought transmittor allowing him to communicate) and the weather girl on the scene, Sam Sparks. The invention: a device that turns water into food! The story follows how his success effects Flint and the rest of the town, unti it starts to go horribly wrong. Although Steve steals the spotlight from the main characters quite often, all the characters are entirely loveable - except perhaps the Mayor - and totally memboral.

I would recommend this film for anyone who wants to get away from real life for a little while (afterall, isn't that the reason we go to the cinema?). Aimed at kids, this animated movie will enthrall, sicken, and homour the entire family. Be prepared to be showered - in every food you can imagine.

No comments: