Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 17 June 2013

Blogging Clarity

You may have noticed that the background to my blog has once again changed. To be honest this isn’t the background I want, but it will do until I find something I fall in love with and actually find a way to put it on the blog (since Blogger changed its format it’s become a lot harder to edit the look of the blog in my opinion). 

While I didn’t have the internet, I found myself not only coming up with ideas, but a sense of clarity, particularly in regards to this blog.  I have had this blog for over 4 years now and it has gone through many transformations but I have always had it in the back of my mind that I needed it to be professional; I’d like to say that I didn’t care how many readers I had or how I appeared to others but that simply isn’t the truth.  Of course I always stayed true to myself as I always strive to be as honest as possible, but I’ve always remembered that anyone in the future might read this blog and judge me on it.

I no longer believe that this space is for that purpose anymore.  This is my private little space on the internet and I don’t want to have to censor myself (even subconsciously), or worry about how often I’m posting.  I don’t need this blog to have posts I have written in advance and edited. 

And so, once again this blog is going through another change.  I am going to do my best to forget that anyone is reading (though of course I’ll still love receiving comments and visiting other blogs). I am going to post when I feel like posting, whether that be once in a week or three times in one day.  I am going to be even more open, but only if that’s what I want to write about.  So that is why I am changing the background. I am reclaiming this space and making it just for me.

For now I am going to continue posting ‘Memories That Have Made Me’ on Fridays (sorry I missed the past few, but they will recommence this week) because it is a series I love writing.  I am also going to be working on some of those many ideas, and you can be sure I will share all about it here when I feel the time is right. 


I hope you’ll want to continue following my journey through life, but I won’t be offended if you don’t.

No comments: