Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 10 February 2011

Chilvary Still Exists

The other day, the bus I got home was packed.  I'm not talking a few people having to sit next to strangers, I'm talking so full that the driver was stopping people from coming in at one point.  But just before we got to that point, a few elderly ladies came in.  And three (yes THREE) men stood up for them.  I don't know about you, but this is the first time I've ever actually seen anyone doing that.  And I'm relatively sure that the men were all in their twenties, so my generation.

What really worries me though, is that I was surprised and shocked to see this happening.  Is the world such a bad place that any little act of chilvary is a rare occurance?  And if not, then why was I surprised?  This leads me to think either that either the world is a crap place, or I'm a terrible person.  And I really don't like the idea of the second.  But nor do I want the first to be true.

So please, tell me your tales of any chilvary you've witnessed?  I really need you to let me know that my experience wasn't anything that out of the ordinary afterall.

1 comment:

Anna R. Williams said...

This makes me smile, because sometimes I'm surprised when a guy tries to hold a door open.

But chivalry does exist. It doesn't wear armor or carry a sword, but it does work quietly and kindly. :)