Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 3 September 2011

Review: Notes From Underground Anthology

Click to Buy

I realise that I promised you this review ages ago and I have no excuses (except ending up with more books to read than I can in one go) but here it is finally.

Notes from Underground is an anthology created by The Literary Lab last year.  I knew this would appeal to me as soon as I saw it as the entries were judged completely differently from most competitions.  Instead of writing a piece and submitting it, writers were encouraged to write about their ideas - if they were selected they then had free reign to create what they liked, how they liked.  And I have to say it has made for a very unique anthology.

There are a wide variety subjects and styles so there is bound to be something you enjoy.  Not only that, but it also opened my mind up to different ways of writing what I want to say - from using diary entries, poetry and even including images.  The only downside was that as I was reading it on Kindle, the images (photos, paintings, etc) were all in black and white and perhaps not as clear as in the print copy.

I would strongly recommend this anthology to anyone looking for unique storytelling and especially to writers as expanding our ideas is never a bad thing.

(By the way, submissions for The Literary Lab's new anthology 'Variations on a Theme' are currently open.)

[Disclaimer: I have not been compensated in anyway for this review.  All opinions are my own.]

1 comment:

dominique said...

You had me at your title. I will definitely have to check this out as I am totally intrigued now! (smile)