Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Friday 15 July 2011

The Bug Is Back

As you know, I haven't really been doing a whole lot of writing recently.  In fact, this blog and my diary (kept very sporadically at the moment) have been my only writing outlets for a few months now.  But now I am once again feeling the urge to write.  I don't know what I will write yet.  I haven't actually written anything due to being entirely shattered and stressed over the tidying of my room but I know that in one week I won't have that to fret over.  So for now I am thinking, trying to find the story that grabs me, and the medium I will write in (I'm very tempted to try scriptwriting again).

By the way, this urge to write, it was brought on by something I wasn't expecting.  Earlier this week I went to see a musical performed at my old high school.  To say it was bad would be a compliment.  To clarify, it wasn't any of the students that made the performance bad (though I'd be lying if I said they all sparkled), it was the musical itself.  I don't know if you've heard of it, but 'The Dracula Rock Show' does not compliment the theatrical world and, in my opinion, is not a wise choice to be performed by anyone, anywhere.  But what it did do, was made me want to write.  I was filled with the urge either to write a musical myself (though as my ability to write music leaves much to be desired I doubt I'll be going that way) or write many best-sellers and become rich and famous so I can donate money to the theatre department of my ex-school.  Yes, it was that good!

When you've been in a writing slump what has given you the desire to write?  Was it reading a brilliant/terrible book or watching a 'fabulous' production like me?  Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

Shaylen Maxwell said...

Honestly, only thing that helps me is a mantra 'Action Precedes Motivation' cuz I can always procrastinate or live in fear of my own words. That and walking about a bookstore looking at all the shit on the shelves there... forgive the 's' word, but it's true. If they can, I can. And so forth. ; )