Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 30 October 2011

Taking A Week Off

This week has not been a good one for me.  I have spent a lot of it on the sofa doing a whole lot of nothing.  And every day I have felt more and more guilty for not writing enough, not reading enough, not designing, not stitching - you get the idea.  The problem is that this guilt is stopping me from properly resting as instead, I am constantly going over things in my mind - trying to think of blog posts and design ideas that simply are not forthcoming at this time.  And so I've decided to take a leaf out of Michael Nobbs' book (see this post for learning about making time for resting) and announce that this week will be a holiday.  While I am not physically going anywhere, I have decided that I will stop feeling guilty about what I'm not doing, and instead allow my body and mind to relax.  Therefore I will not be blogging next week and will probably only pop onto Twitter and Google+ every now and again rather than trying to be constantly connected.  I hope you understand and I look forward to seeing you again a week on Monday, hopefully feeling more like myself and able to focus on starting to do a little at a time towards my goals once again.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Hey Tamara,

I hope this works for you. I always start with the best of intentions and then I tend to log on more and more as I begin to feel I am missing things.

Hope you get rested up. Feeling guilty is no way to relax.

Hugs,
Chelle
www.lifeonthedomesticfront.blogspot.com