Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 9 June 2013

Sunday Shout Out: Stone Soup

If you have talked to me at all in the past few months, there is a high chance that I will have started raving about the Stone Soup website, and honestly I have no idea why I haven't shared it with you before.

Stone Soup is a foodie blog  by Jules Clancy which is packed with simple and easy recipes - usually with less than 5 ingredients, and which take less than 10 minutes to prepare, which is great for me as the carer in the evening only comes for 15 minutes (at least in this new place they are allowed to use the oven!).

To be honest I've only used 2 recipes so far, and only 1 of which has become a staple in my cooking (find it here); but the thing I love most about this website is what I have learned about cooking from it.  Jules talks about recipe 'templates' and through reading her blog I have found myself a little more open to playing around with recipes and seeing what happens, and what 'concoctions' (as many of my carers refer to them) I can come up with.  So far this is the only website I've found that focuses more on the intuitive aspects of cooking, which is why I'm a huge advocate of it.

If you pop by Stone Soup let me know what you think in the comments, and feel free to suggest any foodie blogs you follow.

By the way she also has a YouTube channel.

[Disclaimer: I was not asked to write about this site, nor am I receiving any benefit in any way by endorsing it, I just love sharing great finds with you.]

No comments: