Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 20 February 2012

Ignoring My Plans


It was quite a while ago that I announced my plans to you about starting my own business.  And as I haven’t really shown you the fruition of my plans you’re probably wondering if I’m ever going to get around to it.  I still don’t have anything to show (I don’t want you to get your hopes up).  But I think I’ve worked out why it’s taking me so long to get started.

I had plans to start a business revolving around my cross-stitched goods.  I also had plans to create a website, earn money blogging, write and sell ebooks, have subscription content and even more ideas (it seemed once I allowed my mind to dream, it came up with more and more plans).  The problem has been that I’ve been researching all of these ideas and therefore have nothing to show.  I’ve spent a lot of time thinking, and not much time acting.  So I’m calling it quits for now.

By this I mean that I am going to ignore every idea I just wrote about EXCEPT THE FIRST ONE.  I am still working towards having an online shop and since I now don’t have to worry about all my other plans, I am hurtling forwards.  I don’t know what I will do with all those ideas, I think I will probably return to them in the future, but for now I’m just focusing on one thing – making products to sell.

How do focus and motivate yourself to get down to action, instead of simply dreaming?

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Oh my! Cross stitch is my passion. I'd love to know how you plan on setting up your business, because it takes so long to do just one item. You can never sell it to make enough to cover your time to make it!

You can see some of my cross stitch over at my blog www.lifeonthedomesticfront.blogspot.com. I just added a page with some of my stuff. Unfortunately, some has been given away as gifts with no pictures taken. But I think there's a good sampling in there.

LOVE your idea. Can't wait to see what comes out of it!