Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 12 November 2009

Remembrance Silence

Yesterday, as the bell rang out through the university indicating the two-minute silence, my whole class fell silent. However, the effect of silence, respect and remembrance was ruined by those next door who continued their lecture. Is this respect for those that gave their lives lost? Are we forgetting the importance of taking a moment of silence? I'm not saying that they have to care (though I would hope that everyone realises the importance of not forgetting, so it never happens again); I just wish people would show the respect to those who wish to remember by shutting up - it's only 2 minutes, I'm not asking for a lot.

So if you were one of those who forget, try and remember next time that someone near you may want to remember, and being silent may give you the chance to think of those who gave their lives in a futile attempt to bring peace (I am a pacifist and believe violence actually makes things worse and wars cause more problems than it solves).

No comments: