Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 7 November 2009

Every Little Helps

It is day 7 of NaNoWriMo and I am only 3,500 words (or there about) behind target - and I have the rest of the day to catch these up. But what I've learnt doing this that is that every little really does make a difference. Even if I only have 10 minutes I can get some words down and it all starts to add up (see my progress to your right).

It occurred to me that this is true of anything. All large tasks can be broken down into smaller ones. Take for example tidying and cleaning. Now I don't really enjoy doing this - I don't know anyone who does (except perhaps Monica from Friends). And the main problem I have is that I don't do any and I don't do any and it adds up into a frightful mess. But if I were to spend 10 minutes a day tidying/sorting/cleaning, my room probably would stop looking like the tip it is currently in. And the best bit is once you get started it can become addictive - those 10 minutes turn into 20 minutes and before you know it everything is sparkling and shiny.

So Tesco really does have a point when it states that 'Every Little Helps'.

No comments: