Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 29 December 2011

I'm Not Waiting For The New Year To Start

You may remember that I once said I don't make New Year's Resolutions.  I still stand by that - it's a bad time (for most people) to be trying to better themselves.  We've just had a massive indulge session with Christmas - food, gifts, drink etc - which just doesn't lead to positive thoughts about ourselves.

However, this year I am feeling excited.  I think perhaps it's because I usually get my 'new start' excitement at the beginning of the school year (September, October time), and this year I didn't.  So now I'm filled with hope and belief that next year is going to be MY YEAR.  Now, technically I'm not making any resolutions, I'm just resolving to keep going, to keep trying until I get where I want to go.

I am also not waiting for the first of January.  I have been filled with this renewed passion for a few days and I am already acting on it.  I started stitching my designs (yes, for that creative business I mentioned a few months ago) and I'm writing more - more often and more varied ideas.  I love this feeling that anything is possible and I'm hoping you are feeling it too.  If you are, I would love it if you stop waiting for the right moment (New Year, Monday, Next Week) as personally I feel that the longer we procrastinate with our actions, the less likely we are to start at all. 

Let me know in the comments if you have any New Year Resolutions and if you are going to stop waiting.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I'd love to know what you are stitching, Tamara.

My only resolution this year is to put together and furnish the dollhouse kit I bought to donate to the local hospital pediatric ward NEXT Christmas. This gives me a year and a new craft to learn. Which is a fun thing, so not a hard resolution to keep.

I guess I am also resolving to try to spend less and especially charge less, but I resolve that every day when I get up and it never seems to work, so I don't want to make some big New Year's resolution for something that I try to work on every day.

Hugs,
Chelle
www.lifeonthedomesticfront.blogspot.com

JoAnna of re-U creating new spaces said...

Hi Tamara
Just found you through twitter #PSOS comment. Your comment sounds like you and I are coming from similar places. So I just thought I would stop by your blog and say hello. I totally agree with your thoughts about new years resolutions! We should make them monthly!
-JoAnna