Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 5 June 2010

Believing

Today I watched 'Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium' I have to say I was disappointed.  However, it really did hammer home the point that you have to believe in yourself before you can succeed. (It may have hammered home the point a little too much - one of the reasons I was disappointed.)  I doubt I'll ever be able to make a toy shop come alive with magic, but that doesn't mean I have to stop believing.  When people stop believing in magic (fate, luck, whatever you want to call it) it will be a very sad day.

However I do believe that believing is not enough.  I can believe I'm going to be a big name in the writing world til my face is blue but unless I actually write something (ok, probably a lot of somethings) it's never going to happen.  I think it takes believing and hard work to achieve.  We have to believe or else why would we continue trying but we have to keep trying as otherwise it is a waste of time to believe.  Find your dreams, believe in your dreams and work hard for your dreams and there is every possiblility they will come true.  Of course, this is the real world so they might not, but you'll never know if you don't give it your best shot.

No comments: