Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Tuesday 6 January 2015

2015 Goals

As you know, I'm not really a fan of new year's resolutions, simply because I know I'm going to set vague ones (like spend less, eat better, etc) that are impossible to actually keep. For the past few years I've been choosing 3 words at the beginning of each year to focus on. As I can't tell you without looking what the words for 2014 were, I think we can count that as a fail.  So this year I'm trying something new and setting goals for myself.  Hopefully these will be sensible and therefore possible to keep, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't manage to keep all of them.

I have only just come up with these over the past few days, so technically not starting right at the beginning of the new year, but I figure better late than never. In no particular order they are:

1.       Make an advent calendar
2.       Finish cross-stitching baby sampler
3.       Finish writing ebook
4.       Finish organising my flat
5.       Cook at least one meal from scratch each month
6.       Save min. £10 per week
7.       Read 50 books
8.       Put 1hr per week into scouting (not incl. Weekly meetings)
9.       Write a letter every Saturday

I got to nine and tried to rack my brain to come up with a tenth, as that would be a nice round number, but then I realised I wanted to make goals I wanted to meet, rather than forcing a goal upon myself just so I could have a nice round number.

I don't know how these goals will go (for the past  few years I've aimed at between 50-60 books yet never made it past 48 - this year I read 46), but it's nice to have something concrete I can focus on, and something less ambiguous than 'blog more' (though that is something I want to do).

Do you make new year's resolutions? Let me know in the comments below your hopes and dreams for 2015 and what you think of mine.

p.s. I have a post of pictures of my holiday season in mind, but unfortunately left my camera at the new year party I went to, so guess we'll just have to wait.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

Hi Tamara!

These sound like some really good goals. I don't like "forcing goals upon myself" either—if I don't REALLY want to do it, I almost certainly won't accomplish it, right? :)

I hope you achieve everything you hope to! I love cooking from scratch and would love to hear about the things you prepare. :)