Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Dream Fulfilled

Last week I fulfilled a dream I've had for quite a few years now.  I have now been to and eaten at all three Waffle Houses.  It may seem like a silly dream as it isn't anything particularly amazing, yet it was my dream and I am very happy that I finally saw it realised.

I first went to the Waffle House in Norwich (UK) where, although it looks quite normal from the outside, the food inside made me an instant addict.  Savoury and sweet toppings on waffles means plenty of choice for vegetarians and although some of them sound unusal, they all taste amazing.

But my dream wasn't born until I went to South Africa and our teachers arranged for us to go to the Waffle House in Ramsgate (about an hour away from Durban) as we were actually staying in a nearby town.  That was when I said to myself - I'm going to go to all of them.  Of course this was more to do with the fact that there was only one left to visit.  It started as a dream born from convenience and yet, as my M.E. worsened, it became a full-fledged dream.

Sure, there was only one restaurant left to visit but it meant getting there and having the money and energy to enjoy it.  And on Friday I finally got that chance.  I went to St. Albans to support Lucy from Heaven Is A Cupcake and decided that now was the time to visit the final Waffle House.  It was quite a unique experience as it is inside an old Mill.  By the end of the day (by which I mean the afternoon, when we got home) I was completely exhausted, but it was worth it.  I can now say that I have completed at least one dream.

So whether your dreams are big or small, make the effort and you'll forever have those memories and the knowledge that you set out to do something, and did it.

1 comment:

Anna R. Williams said...

That's such cool experience. When you first mentioned Waffle House, I thought "why would she want to go there"?
In America, we have a different Waffle House franchise that are stereotypically very cheap places for trucker's to eat.

The Waffle House you experienced is a beautiful place!