Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Friday 31 July 2009

Blogging Drama

Lately - as you may have noticed - I don't seem to be blogging as much. But it's not because I don't want to. I just can't seem to be able to think of anything that I've realised or that I'm finding significant enough to post about. It's probably the trap of: it has to be brilliant for me to write about it. This, as we know, never leads anywhere good, as it tends to lead to nothing being written at all.

So, instead of blogging, I have been avidly reading the blogs I'm following. I have found myself compulsively checking my blogger dashboard throughout the day to find out what new posts have been written. Often I read the first few sentences and decide, no, I won't read the rest, but every now and again, I continue to the entire post. It seems that not many people I'm following are blogging about anything I want to read about - not saying that it's not interesting, just that I'm simply not in the mood to read them. And the problem, I'm led to believe, is drama.

Honestly, I find long rambling posts of complaining pretty boring to read, but without them, the lives on show suddenly become unbearably rosy. As for those posts that are about things going right - very often aren't that interesting. I'm thinking humans just have issues - and we like to share them - and we like to know that we're not the only ones with them. It is something I've come across quite a lot recently in my blog reading 'I don't have anything to write because I don't have any drama.' Is it really true that we need the drama to find our lives interesting? Personally I'm loving every second of my life at the moment, and just taking it as it comes, (no, I'm not writing about it either, but for those of you who read this blog often, you will know that this is not a personal blog and rarely includes anything important in my life). There is no drama as such - though I have been known to create some to make myself feel more comfortable - but I would certainly not say that my life was boring right now. But it seems we have forgotten how to find it interesting when there isn't anything worth gossiping about, when everything is following a not so clear, as happy, path, when we aren't on the brink of any mental break downs. Do we really have to complain to make our lives worthwhile? Why can't we just sit back and let the good come with the bad? Why can't we just stop and relax and enjoy?

No comments: